Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My New Passion

I have always loved Italian breads, but they can be soooo expensive. Well, I ordered this DVD from off the internet on how to make Artisan bread. So, I have started making my own bread at home. These breads take about 12 hours to make, but they are so delicious. Tonight I made 5 loaves and these were the last 3 to come out of the oven. The top photo is pancetta, provolone and mozzarella. The bottom two are tyme, oreagano and asiago cheese. The smell in my house is so amazing right now, I wish we had smellavision so you all could experience this. Yum!


The one on the left is the pancetta. Look at those herbs on the right two loaves, how pretty is that!


The kids want me to leave the light on in the oven so they can see when the loaves start to turn golden and they can see the cheeses begin to bubble.





Check out all the oozing cheese! Not a low calorie food!!!














2 comments:

Jenny C said...

Damn Gina! Those look good!

The Bertagnoles said...

I AM JEALOUS!! MAIL ME SOME OK? :}