Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dead Bodies and Fly Paper

Since getting Pancho and Sancho, we've had a little issue keeping the back door closed. Subsequently, I now have a small colony(when I say colony I mean about 100...no joke) of flies buzzing around my kitchen...and to make matters worse, I've caught of few of them "mating" on my wall. I'd gone to the grocery store to buy a fly swatter and to my surprise, 3 stores didn't have them. I was frustrated because, I was a little uncomfortable in my own kitchen. Every time I would walk by my back wall, all those little bastards would get spooked and dive bomb me. Anyway, so I bought fly paper out of desperation and hung it from the chandelier. I kept telling everyone to watch out for the paper because its sticky. The kids were fascinated with the flies, they went straight for the paper and would flop around and die. This is the GREATEST invention ever, right? Well, it was only a matter of time before someone got stuck, and it was my most dramatic child!! Maybe I'm a Mother with a blogging problem, but instead of helping her...I sort of ran for my camera and told her to hold still. She kept screaming, "Are there dead bodies in my hair? Oh my gosh get it out, get it out!" I couldn't stop laughing, but she was finally rescued by Dominic. Sorry Mimi. The first step is admitting you have a problem!!


3 comments:

Jenny C said...

That is funny. Such a dramatic age.....but you know all about that!

Kindall Family said...

Tee hee hee! I love it! That is something a scrapbooker would do!

Grammy said...

Mimi ~ I'm really sorry that you didnt get any sympathy about your fly paper episode!!! I would be screaming too!!
Love you all,
Aunt Kimi