Tuesday, October 28, 2008

5 Course Meal

Ok, so I love to cook and not everyday cuisine...I LOVE foo foo food. Fancy food using ingredients a few years ago I didn't even know exsisted. Here is my Sunday dinner. I made a 5 course meal for Mimi and I. 1st course was a pancetta wrapped shrimp with basil, garlic and lemon zest. 2nd course was my favorite salad. Spring mixed greens with goat cheese, green apples, pine nuts, and dried cranberries. Its topped off with a balsamic fig dressing...my favorite!!

3rd course is a salmon filet with pea puree and lemon garlic butter broth.

4th course was a lemon basil pasta with white truffle oil and asiago cheese!




Dessert course is a trio of cheesecake bits. Plain, white chocolate raspberry and turtle.

My kids get a little scared at some of my creations, but I hope I can expand their palates a little more so they like more than just tater tot casserole! :)




8 comments:

The Bertagnoles said...

WOW! Come cook for me ANY day you want!!

Unknown said...

Holy cow! I think I will go out to eat at Moreno's, that all looks and sounds so delicious! I LOVE shrimp! That first course looks amazing. Wow, I wish I had the drive to go all out like that! All the ingredients sounded like something you would find at a real fancy shmancy restaurant. WOW!

Kassie Temple said...

Speaking of tater tot casserole...that is what we ate for dinner last night.:) Too funny! That looks so freakin good. You are making my mouth water. I feel like I am watching Food Network. I love stuff like that. My family would never eat it. I wish I lived closer so I could eat for you and you could cook.:)

Mrs. Wright said...

Well it looks like you do love foo-foo food! That's AWESOME that you do this for your family! Thanks so much for all your darling comments on our blog. You are so cute!

The Wright's said...

Really??? I can't believe that you can cook like that!! It looks so yummy!!! I wish I could come and eat at your house! Poor Carl, all he gets are casseroles!! ha ha

Jill Wright said...

Wow. I love to cook like that when I have nothing but time on my hands (that hasn't happened for about 6 years now). Looks so good though!

Grammy said...

So Katie ~
When you going to stop in to Blackfoot and cook somethin' up for me!!??
Looks good and I think I can even smell in on my monitor!!!
Your kids are growing up so fast. I can't believe how big Vincente is>!!
Love ya,
Aunt Kimi

Chandra said...

Can I come over for dinner?